Monarch Pavement LLC
Porous Asphalt Paving Services
Explore an Environmentally Friendly Approach to Asphalt Paving
Porous asphalt paving is an efficient and eco-friendly way to manage stormwater. This type of asphalt allows water to drain through it. It flows into the stone bed below, then deposits into the soil. Should any toxins be present on the surface, they are swept away with the rain through the stone bed. From this point, it travels to the subbase and goes through a natural cleansing process. What’s essential in the design is that the stone bed must be constructed so that the water level does not rise into the asphalt.
Porous Asphalt Longevity
Porous asphalt is tough and robust. It can last up to 20 years without showing any signs of wear like cracks and potholes. It’s a sturdy material that can handle rainwater management for decades.
Where Can You Use Porous Asphalt
Porous asphalt tends to be coarser than standard asphalt, but it is still smooth enough to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The coarseness does not impact its aesthetic appeal. Porous asphalt can be used in parking lots, walkways, and driveways.
Porous Asphalt Benefits
If you are considering repaving surfaces at your Burlington, MA home or business, porous asphalt could be the right choice for you.
- Less runoff: Reducing runoff is extremely important in commercial projects. By using the porous asphalt, you’ll significantly reduce runoff water, which could eliminate the need for a large detention basin.
- Cost savings: With less runoff and removing the need for a large detention basin, you can save significantly on the initial project and on maintenance for years to come, resulting in short- and long-term cost savings.
- Environmentally responsible: Not only is the entire system more eco-friendly, but it also requires less energy to manufacture, with fewer emissions, odors, and smoke.
- Elimination of heat pockets: impermeable pavements are often susceptible to heat pockets. Temperature disparity can cause the asphalt to fail and crack. Porous asphalt allows water to move through, keeping surfaces cooler.
Why Choose Us for Porous Asphalt Services
- Safety first: OSHA 30 certified, meet or exceed all safety guidelines, and training for all employees.
- Family-owned business with roots in the Burlington community
- Competitive pricing to ensure you we meet your needs and budget
- Excellent Customer Service
- Highest Quality Paving and Products
- Extensive expertise with Year-round Training on the lasted developments and techniques